HELLO DEAR READERS! ONCE AGAIN IT HAS BEEN TOO LONG AND I HAVE TO USE ALL CAPS TO CONVEY ALL MY THOUGHTS AND FEELINGS AT BEING GONE FOR SO LONG AND OH GOODNESS I MISSED YOU!
Just between you and me, does this year feel off to you? Don’t get me wrong, this year has had some great moments and awesome things have happened—but it’s also been full of things that just didn’t feel quite…right. Even Twitter has felt off. Am I the only one feeling this way? IS THIS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU GROW UP? I hope not. Lame.
I have been doing a lot of thinking the past week. A LOT of thinking. Here are the things I have thought.
- I like writing.
- I miss blogging.
- I like reading what others people think and feel and connecting with them through the internets.
- I want to write a blog post every week.
- I don’t care if the only people who read my blog are Kate and my mom.
- I want to write whatever the hell I want to write!
- Simple, sincere writing is what I most love to read, so I’m gonna write that.
- I’m a nerd. There will probably be a post about Captain America.
- I didn’t really need to list all these things but OH WELL.
There was more I was going to say today, but I don’t want this post to turn into a rambling 1,500 word post because I feel the best way to dive back into blogging is to stick your toe into the water first. Then you back up, run, and cannonball into the Internet and scream and splash a bunch of people on Twitter and Instagram, and pop up laughing because oh my gosh, this is fun and it feels so right and what the hell took you so long to jump back in anyways?
I’ve missed the hell out of you, my darlings.