Lisette of What Would Nancy Drew Wear? tagged me for an 8 question meme. I’m still getting back into the swing of things back home (but I finally got my sewing machine out and set up again, yay!) so I don’t have much of anything to share with you yet—so I figure now is the perfect time to answer and share these.
1. You must get the haircut/style of a cartoon character. Who would you choose?
Ok, I’m going to go all out and say Megara from Disney’s Hercules. Her hair is absurdly awesome.
2. Name one vintage style/type of garment/accessory from your favorite era that you could do without.
This is really hard because there is nothing I don’t love about Edwardian fashion. I suppose I could do without the bathing suits—the 1950’s definitely have them beat there.
3. What fabulous fabric do you have that you will never make anything out of because you are afraid to ruin it?
I don’t have any fabric that fits that criteria. I have fabric waiting for the right project, but nothing I’m scared of cutting into.
4. What is your favorite modern magazine?
Martha Stewart Living and Real Simple. Actually, those are the only magazines I read, haha.
5. What do you do to pick yourself up on a crummy day?
Depending on the day, one or all of the following:
- Treat myself to an iced chai and walnut scone from Quacks in the morning.
- Watch one of my top five all-time favorite movies.
- Eat some sort of tex-mex (breakfast tacos for dinner do wonders for your soul).
- Wander around Half-Price Books or BookPeople with an armful of books and buy one if it’s been a terrible week.
6. You get to be an extra in a period film. Which one?
I know it’s obvious and a little lame, but Titanic. What could be more fun than to dress in clothes from my favorite fashion era and pretend to be on the ship I’ve been obsessed with since I was eight years old? Remarkably, I only saw the movie once in the theatre.
7. What are your thoughts on Steampunk? Does it pique your vintage taste?
Nope. It seems like the kind of thing I should be into, but I really don’t get it and don’t care for it at all. But if you’re into it, that’s cool.
8. What is your go-to neutral?
Chocolate brown. I never get tired of it.
That was fun! If you want to play along, answer the above questions (or make up ones that suit you if you aren’t into fashion history) on your own blog and let me know you did in the comments. Summer is the perfect time for random question time!
Read Full Post »