1. The Thief ~ I just finished re-reading The Thief and it’s just as amazing as I remembered. If you are in need of a quick and engaging read, please, please, please do yourself a favor and pick up the Attolia series from Megan Whalen Turner.
2. Getting Rid of Weeds ~ I have been a terrible homeowner and allowed the weeds get out of control, so I’ve been spending several hours this past week trying to rid the front yard of weeds (Daniel wanted to know why I was digging up “all our pretty little green trees”). I am ashamed to say the above picture is of a pile of weeds from one very small section of the front yard. But, with a lot of hard work (including so much help from my wonderful dad) I have very nearly cleared all the weeds from the front and four bags worth of prickly weeds from the back, hurray!
3. Backyard Picnics ~ With my book in hand, a bottle of Topo Chico by my side and delicious chicken salad (inspired by Sarah’s recipe this week) on my plate, eating outside never tasted so good.
4. Cornbread ~ I know I already devoted a whole post to cornbread, but it was seriously that good. Also, I found out my $5 cast iron skillet was made sometime between 1935 and 1959. Awesome! No wonder it’s so well seasoned.
5. LOST ~ Finally! An episode involving my favorite character, Desmond. It made me happy AND it made my brain hurt, which is the best kind of episodes when it comes to LOST. ABC keeps on reminding me there are only five episodes left until the series (series!) finale, so I wouldn’t be surprised if LOST makes my Five Faves again. I’m going to bitterly miss it when it’s gone.
Don’t forget to see who else is joining the Five Fave’s craze!