Yesterday was a fantastic day. Today, not so much. It’s not that it’s been a bad day; just a uneventful, mundane day full of errands (like going to the Post Office, fun), a pile of mending and tedious sewing to finish, not winning the Amazon contest to get the opportunity buy a copy of Beedle the Bard to MAYBE get one of the 35 copies signed by J.K. Rowling and either I sprained my thumb or the inevitable arthritis is starting to set in, because my left thumb really hurts. But yesterday…
5 Reasons Why Yesterday Was Awesome
1. I was notified that I was one of three lucky winners of Pink Chalk Fabrics Thanksgiving sale giveaway. YAY! Now I have a gift certificate to buy even MORE fabric. I’m trying to exercise some self-control and refrain from using it now, but I think I will have to pick some of this collection up for an adorable one year old I know.
2. I bought a pound of fresh, locally roasted, fair trade, delicious coffee during “$2 off Tuesday” at a little cafe downtown. Just doing my part to Keep Austin Weird
3. Xbox live+Netflix=DVD quality episodes of 30 Rock available for streaming at a moment’s notice. “Never go with a hippie to a second location.”
4. My Pink Chalk order arrived Monday night (hurray for fast shipping!) and I was so excited I made a bag out of my new fabric right away. It’s my go-to, basic, pleated bag that is perfect carrying the essentials: wallet, cell phone, Burt’s Bees chapstick, my Sigg bottle, iPod & FM transmitter, an apple, weekly planner and whatever book I’m reading at the moment. Okay, that is probably more than the essentials and it might also explain the shoulder pain, but at least it’s pretty!
5. Pizza from Gino’s for dinner. It’s the little things in life that make me happy.